Monday 8 November 2010

Day 13 and 14: Back in Osaka

I've included two days in one post today because the second day wasn't that eventful.

The bullet-train ride back to Osaka from Hiroshima went quickly (it was only one-and-a-half hours) but this time we weren’t exactly sure where our hotel was. We spent quite a while walking around confused, while slowly delving deeper and deeper into the heart of Osaka’s entertainment district. Eventually though we came to an impressive looking hotel (well I thought it looked impressive), but it turned out we had arrived about an hour too early for check-in so we ditched our bags and went for a walk around the neighbourhood. It was insane. Eventually we found our way back up to our rooms, then headed back out into the city later on to check it out in the dark and have dinner. We went down a packed mall that goes as far as the eye can see (we walked in a straight line for probably 20mins and still couldn’t see the end of it) and eventually stopped off for some takoyaki (fried balls of octopus) and set off back to our rooms.
Then today Leigh went out to visit a friend for the day so I got to have a day relaxing by myself. The bath is great but I still can’t see a point to the window, and I admit I may have spent a fair bit of the day playing games and chatting. However I did travel beyond the hotel bounds and had a walk down the mall again, and successfully found my way back without a map which was a minor miracle.

A cool looking building I saw after hopping off the train

Completely lost.

I sure hope they know where they're going

Starting to get a bit worried...

Ahhh finally! Success!

Ahhh... guys... the hotel is behind us

Up the river

Down the river

The handy landmark right near our hotel


This place is crazy

Really crazy



The trucks in Japan are tiny!

Tiny!! Look at the wheels!

Top floor! Tops!

 Panorama of the view from our room...

The night life

 
I was very impressed with our hotel (considering our surroundings!)

 
The revealing of our new room...

  
Checking out the amazing nightlife

  

 
 A van with a movie screen as a back window and speakers blasting out music

No comments: