Friday 5 November 2010

Day 9: Farewell Tokyo, Hello Hiroshima (missing entry)

I realised today that I had missed a day because I couldn't remember posting any photos of Mt Fuji, so here is what I wrote for that day. It's not much, which is probably why I forgot to post it.


Didn’t really do much today except we left our hotel at Tokyo and took the 4hr bullet train ride to our new hotel in Hiroshima. The train trip went really quickly as the scenery was incredible. We even got an amazing view of Mt Fuji. We arrived at our new hotel right outside a tram stop, in close proximity to pretty much everything of interest. We spent the night watching a couple of movies in our much more comfortable hotel-room than our previous one.

More Shinkansen travel. A long trip this time, 4hrs.

Prepare for many random shots through the train window...





Peek-a-boo!
Actually we got a better view of Mt Fuji but by the time I got my camera out and ready this is all that was left...


...But once we rounded the corner all of Mt Fuji was revealed! Amazing! I got lots more photos but I need to have something to show people when I get back, don't I?


Arriving in Hiroshima

First things first


A tram in Hiroshima. The public transport here is really easy to use.

The first reference we saw to the atomic bomb.

On the tram, looking slightly weary

Our new hotel, right next to a convenience store. How... convenient.

  In case I didn't know how.

No comments: