Friday 29 October 2010

Day 3 – Akihabara (Electric Town)


Today we caught the train to Akihabara, or “Electric Town”. The games, DVDs and anime hub of Tokyo. My head exploded and now I am dead. However I shall continue to write from beyond the grave, such is my dedication to you the reader. Highlights included a 7 storey high video game arcade. a multitude of cheap electronic gadget stores, mammoth computer stores, 5 storey high anime stores and probably more that I can’t remember. It was all too much and I had to go back to the hotel room to have an afternoon nap! Later that night we decided to go for a walk and it was amazing how busy the street was at 11pm at night! I was also starving and I ate a weird noodle-filled roll. I’m not sure it agreed with me.

Oh and just to clarify, in the photo of the toilet in the first blog entry the water is coming OUT of the toilet, not going IN!

A local street corner

Hi, Leigh :)


Target aquired

Heaven


 Japan
 Us in Japan
 Seven storey arcade
 Breakfast of champioins
 Japan's interpretation of an iced coffee was slightly different to mine
Not sure why I chose to photograph this aisle in particular, but that is a lot of keyboards
 Not sure what size people these elevators were designed for
 Games... as far as the eye can see...
 A shrine we stumbled upon during an evening walk
Look at me, I'm a tree
 A massive multi-storey complex full of restaurants

2 comments:

mothermapes said...

What is your word for the day?

Stuart said...

I forgot to keep giving myself words but I've been using sorry and thankyou a lot, I'll have to get out Leigh's phrasebook and give myself another one :)